Monday, August 4, 2008

Day after Binge, re-organization.





So I got up this morning and I was really hungry. That always happens to me after a binge which is ridiculous. When I have a huge dinner the next day I'm starving, maybe my brain adapts to eating a lot an thinks its the way its going to be from then on I don't know. 
I had a small breakfast of 1 slice of carb light bread some ham and coffee. I know not ideal especially since you are supposed to indulge at breakfast time to keep from feeling deprived but I figured I wont be feeling deprived any time soon after last night.  Also I went shopping for healthy goodies so that I can be prepared. I have to eat healthy food that I love. I was reading this post earlier and I got really inspired by it. I will not just push broccoli into my mouth to fill me up. I have decided I don't really like broccoli. Yuck. I am also getting very tired of cottage cheese, I need to find an alternative way to eat lean proteins. I don't really like seafood. MM well I like shrimp and tuna. The problem with tuna is that my mind has already labeled it diet food. When I eat tuna I feel like I'm being punished. I wonder how I can disassociate tuna from diet food because I really do like it. Its just that I never have it unless I an consciously trying to eat more lean proteins. Mmmm. What to do. I think I'm just not going to have any tuna unless I have a craving for it of some kind. There will be no more forced eating of anything.   
The funny thing is that when I was eating whatever and gaining weight like crazy I would eat rice and cheese and pasta everyday. Why is it I never got tired of white rice, pasta, white bread and cheese? But cottage cheese, beans and tuna if I eat them too often drive me crazy. This week I will not have any of those 3 things unless I crave them.
I keep you guys posted on what happens.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for starting over. I'm sure you will do great. Don't deprive your self and have what you want just don't eat the whole thing.

new*me said...

it's nice to find some variety in your diet but for me if I stick to two choices for breakfast and lunch most days, it helps me stay focused. I tend to use the food as fuel more that way and don't overdo it. You have to find what works for YOU :)

Anonymous said...

KUDOS on seizing the new day!

lemmie know if I can help you brainstorm on foodideas!

Miz.

Lauren said...

MMM deprive myself and being strict there is such a fine line!! Mizfit I eould love any ideas you have!! I went online and reserched different recipes for cottage cheese and actually just has some for dinner. It was pretty good so at least being creative with the cottage cheese can make me feel like i'm eating other things hehehe!

Heather said...

thats the way to do it! find things that you LOVE to eat that are good for your body. pretty soon you will really realize how much you enjoy those foods more than chips and candy,etc. I go for things like almonds dusted with cinnamon, string cheese, fruit sorbet, an apple and natural peanut butter, and I find that I crave a lot of those foods more than the doritos I used to scarf down.

Brightcetera said...

Absolutely find what foods you enjoy! I love tuna. When I eat it I think of the fat loss I'll have. It's so low in calories and high in protein. I like to have it over a huge salad. It keeps me full a long time. I used to think of tuna and cottage cheese as diet foods but I like them and I'd eat them regardless of trying to lose weight.

Anonymous said...

Way to go for starting over. I have had one bad binge since I started my weightloss journey and I definitely learned from it. People laugh at me but I eat my cottage cheese mixed with my tuna. Weird but good! Good luck!