Monday, August 4, 2008

The fat pants in levels


I have a problem. I know at first I thought I was losing weight too fast. I also know I've only been eating well for 2 weeks now going on the third one but I feel like now It is too slow. Last week from friday to friday I only lost 1.6 pounds and now I'm thinking what if the scale was just wrong. I have also measured myself and I appear to have lost some inches every where but I cant help but feel that maybe I was just measuring wrong before, maybe I left the measuring tape too lose?  
I have been going out for runs doing interval training everyday so I feel like I should be seeing more results especially since I have changed my routine so drastically. 
Maybe I just need to relax and continue living my life and trust that all my efforts will count in the long run.  Also I think I may be self-sabotaging
. When I started my weight loss efforts 3 weeks ago I was the heaviest I had been in all of my life. Now 6 pounds later I am still at the heaviest I have ever been. I just wish time could by sooner so I can reach 125 lbs which is a weight that I can deal with.  At this rate that is going to be in a month. I guess that's not so bad. I guess I just want some kind of warranty that if I keep doing exactly what I am doing I will lose at least 1.6 pounds a week and that those 1.6 pounds aren't just normal up and down caused by water weight or something. How do I know? I guess only time will tell. In the past I have lost at least 4 pounds per week but I guess that is why I gained it all back. I am just used to losing weight fast, and the moving on with my life. I guess I have to live my life in weight loss mode. I know I have posted about this before but I guess I just go back to that thought all the time.
This past week I have been wearing my ex fat pants that now fit me tightly. Yes I have ex fat pants because recently I bought a new pair of fat pants that I had been wearing because nothing else would fit me. The new fat pants are now slightly loser on me so in my lack a patience I already want to squeeze into the next pair of fat pants down. I'm not going to do this anymore. 
As I see it I have 5 levels of pants in my closet
-1 The final fat pants: pants bought last month which are the biggest ever
-2 Extra fat pants: the ones I bought last year when I gained all the weight then. (this are the ones I have been squeezing into this week)
-3 The "fat pants": as I like to refer to a pair of pants that I used to wear in college as my fat pants but are significantly smaller that the previous mentioned pants.
-4 The normal pants: there are 3 pairs of pants that I like to believe are my normal weight pants but in reality I have only been able to wear them for 3 or 4 months of the year in the las 4 years when I get to my "normal weight" Which is every time I yo yo down. Once a year
-5 The tiny pants: This are a pair of pants that I ordered online and are really cute but for some reason were so tiny they never fit me. I have only worn this pants once in my life and this was due to a severe depression that I went through as a side effect of birth control bad bad Yaz. Imagine I was so skinny I could fit into the tiny pants and not even that could make me smile at the time. 
Now i have decided to make this my new goal. I want to fit into those tiny pants and be happy at the same time!
So now that I have explained the 5 levels of pants that live in my closet my point with all this was that I am not going to try to squeeze into the next level down pants until the current level pants feel so lose that I can't wear them comfortably anymore. I came to the realization that if every time I feel a little bit thiner I run and try to squeeze my booty into something smaller I'm never going to be encouraged. I have to be thankful first that I feel a little thinner that 3 weeks ago and that is the important thing.
I ask my lord Jesus to give me strength! and he will because he is very faithful. (for those who haven't figured it out yet, yes I can be a little super christian Jesus freak lol but I can't help it)
all in all I really thank you guys for checking on me and commenting on my rants, and really keeping me accountable.
God Bless! 
someday I will be fit into those elusive tiny pants!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard when it goes up and down and doesn't come off as fast as you want. You can do it! And yes God can give you the strength to accomplish it. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthes me!"

new*me said...

You will do it but there is no guarantee of when it will happen. You may need to eat a little more...sometimes your body thinks it is starving if it has too little and it will hang on for dear life. I think that loss sounds great......you don't have much to lose so most likely the process will be slower than those of us who have a lot to lose.

Heather said...

i know in the beginning I was SO anxious to start losing big pounds and get to my goal. I also partly didnt believe I could ever get there. but dont you go thinking like that and sabatoge yourself! while it may seem slow, at the same time, youd be surprised how it all adds up in a years time and really, a year is a short time in the span of things. so hang in there, take it a day at a time, and soon you will be amazed and what you have lost. and you will be in those skinny pants!