Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Like X Mas



So it seems to me as a lay in my bed at night, when I know I've had a good day and ate right, That I can't wait till morning to weigh myself!. Everyday is like Xmas. today I weight half a pound than yesterday! Yeah me!! But it has occurred to me that it probably isn't healthy to base all my happiness on my weight. I feel like my life is on hold until I lose the right amount of weight. For example I have shortened my trip to Ecuador so that I have one more week to eat Right before I get there. Also I have rejected many invitations from my friends to go to Miami for the same reason. Hanging out here at home I get really bored and I miss my friends who live Miami, like I used to. But my embarrassment over my weight wins. It seems like all my life I have been doing things like that.

I was listening to a Way Fm, a Christian radio that I love, and a song came on , I cant remember who it was by but I know the message was talking about thanking God for everyday that we have. Being grateful because every day is a blessing. This really got my thinking. I think I am not as grateful as I should be. From no on I'm going to focus of being grateful every single day even if I weight more. Every day should be like X mas because we are given the most beautiful present life. Today I'm going to enjoy my day, be really nice to my parents, do good things for people, be happy and be grateful.

On another note I've been wondering if I'm eating to few calories a day. I feel like I am losing weight too fast. Maybe this is normal, but I am so afraid to gain the weight right back. I was reading Once Upon a Diet yesterday and she has a post about the right amount of calories you are supposed to eat to lose weight etc. She also has this link on her side bar that takes you to this nifty little calculator. If you put your weight, age, measurement, etc. it tells you how much you should eat. When I punched in my details It told me I should be eating 1150 calories a day for a weight loss of .6 lbs per week. But most people say you should not go down less than 1200. Anyway I think I am doing about 1000 right now plus exercise. Maybe this is why I am losing so much weight. I am not, however feeling deprived in any way (well a little deprived from chocolate cake and the such lol). My sister, who is about my size and weight went to a dietitian who put her in some sort of contraption/breathing device and told her that her body needs 1300 calories a day to maintain its weight. If I am about the same and I want to lose 2 pounds a week according to Once Upon a Diet's calculations I should eat only 300 calories a day??? See that is where my problem comes from. I don't know, like I said right now I may be doing about a 1000 a day or maybe even less? hopefully this is healthy for me.


have a wonderful day everybody and remember be grateful, be happy! God Bless

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!!

Have a WONDERFUL day!
*huggles*
=0)

Anonymous said...

I think you are right, you shouldn't base everything off what the scale says.

You may be right maybe you are eating too few calories. Maybe try eating a little more.

Lauren said...

I am so afraid of eating more though!!! I'm not hungry at all as I am eating. mmmmmmm