Monday, July 28, 2008

My Diet Plan

So I have noticed that a lot of people here blogging abut their weight loss, are all using different methods to loose the weight. I see the large majority here is using weigh watchers. I tried that once but I am so terrible that I would simply just have one Mc Donald's meal the whole day. I never lost much weight and also it really wasn't healthy for me.



So this is the food regime that actually works for me. It is based on this great Spanish Dietitian's Diet called: Dieta Instintiva (Instinctive Diet) as you can see there is an English version there on the website so you can look through it if you like. Anyways this site has been a great source of knowledge for me. In a nut shell it tells you to increase lean protein (that's right not only switch to lean protein but also increase your intake greatly), eat fruits in between meals as snacks not as dessert, Have no carbs for dinner unless it is fruit, so no real starchy things like rice, pasta, potatoes etc. And if you want to cheat desperately do it for breakfast. Also remember that dinner is the most important meal during weight loss it is what reflects the numbers in your scale. Another thing that it emphasizes is that weight loss is composed of 21 good meals in a week (excluding snacks of course) but the point is that if you cheat or go off your diet for two different meals then weight loss is compromised. This concept is especially important at dinner time. The diet also tells you to eat whatever you want for one meal in the week You get one freebie but only one meal not one day.



Anyways there is all this science to back up these claims and everything. It is a to follow.



oh yeah increase water consumption greatly......

and of course opt for complex carbs, lots of veggies etc like all other diets.

Hope it helps someone out there ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am doing weight watchers and I love it but I think we all have to find something that works for us. Looks like a good plan too me!

Brightcetera said...

I'm doing WW and it works for me. I try to incorporate lots of fruits & veggies & lean protein.
I really have to be careful with the type and amount of carbs I eat.
I hope this eating plan is easy for you to stay with & enjoy following.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the HYC! Congrats on your 5lb loss. I'm doing Weight Watchers as well. Been off track for several weeks, but finally getting started again.

Good luck to you!